Terms of Service
We aim to keep this Agreement as readable as possible, but in some cases, for legal reasons, some of the languages are required as "legalese."
2. Your Acceptance of this Agreement
This Agreement contains vital information regarding your rights and obligations, as well as conditions, limitations, and exclusions that apply to your access and use of www.homeyproperties.ca (the "Website"). Please read the Agreement carefully.
BY ACCESSING AND USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU:
- ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND AND COMPLY WITH THIS AGREEMENT;
- YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT WITH US; AND,
- YOU AGREE IF YOU ACCESS THE WEBSITE FROM A JURISDICTION WHERE IT IS NOT PERMITTED, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
3. Updates to this Agreement or the Website
We may revise this Agreement and the Website and its content at any time without notice. All such revisions are effective immediately upon posting and apply to all access to and continued use of the Website. By continuing to use this Website or making subsequent purchases, you agree to be bound by the then current version of this Agreement.
4. Your Responsibilities
You must ensure that all persons who access the Website know this Agreement and comply with it. It is a condition of your use of the Website that all the information you provide on the Website is correct, current, and complete.
Any username, password, or any other piece of information chosen by you, or provided to you as part of our security procedures, must be treated as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other security breach. You also agree to ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session. You are responsible for any password misuse or unauthorized access.
5. Prohibited Activities
You are prohibited from attempting to circumvent and from violating the security of this Website, including, without limitation:
- accessing content and data that is not intended for you;
- attempting to breach or breaching the security and authentication measures which are not authorized;
- restricting, disrupting or disabling service to users, hosts, servers, or networks;
- illicitly reproducing TCP/IP packet headers;
- disrupting network services and otherwise disrupting our ability to monitor the Website;
- using any robot, spider, or another automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website;
- introducing any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attacking the Website via a denial-of-service attack, distributed denial-of-service attack, flooding, mailbombing, or crashing; and
- otherwise attempting to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
6. Ownership of the Website and Content
You understand and agree that the Website and any of its entire contents (including without limitation all text, graphics, interfaces, images, video, sounds, music, artwork, designs, computer code, data, and other elements available on or through the Website, and the design, structure, selection, arrangement, and look and feel of those items and the Website as a whole), features, and functionality are owned by us, our licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected in all forms by intellectual property laws including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and any other proprietary rights. Your use of the Website does not transfer to you any right, title or interest in, to or associated with the Website or its content.
7. Your Limited Rights to Access and Use the Website
The viewing or downloading of any content grants you only a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable licence solely for your personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works or another benefit. No part of any content, form or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use (but not for resale or redistribution).
8. Our Rights
We have the right, without provision of notice, to:
- Take appropriate legal action, including, without limitation, referral to or cooperation with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or notifying the harmed party of any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website;
- terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason, including, without limitation, any violation of this Agreement; and
- at all times, take such actions concerning any of your input deemed necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, for violating the Agreement.
YOU ARE SOLELY AND ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND YOUR COMPUTER, INTERNET, AND DATA SECURITY.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, AND SUCCESSORS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY AND ANY OF THE PRECEDING PARTIES RELATING TO ANY, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY OR BY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
9. Third-Party Links and Content
For your convenience, this Website may provide links or pointers to third-party sites or third-party content. We make no representations about any other websites or third-party content that may be accessed from this Website. If you choose to access any such sites, you do so at your own risk. We have no control over the third-party content or any such third-party sites and accept no responsibility for such sites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. You are subject to any terms and conditions of such third-party sites.
10. Disclaimers, Liability and Indemnification
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY GOODS, DIGITAL PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY GOODS, SERVICES, DIGITAL PRODUCTS, INFORMATION OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE PRECEDING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE COMPANY OR ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, OR SUCCESSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR ENDORSEMENT CONCERNING THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY, ACCURACY, CURRENCY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS OR THAT ANY GOODS, SERVICES, DIGITAL PRODUCTS, INFORMATION OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE OR CONTENT ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR DESTRUCTIVE CODE.
How We Limit Our Liability to You
EXCEPT WHERE SUCH EXCLUSIONS ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY NOR ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, OR SUCCESSORS BE LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF USE, DATA, REVENUE OR PROFIT, COST OF CAPITAL, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or relating to your breach of this Agreement or your use of the Website including, but not limited to, third-party sites and content, any use of the Website's content and services other than as expressly authorized in this Agreement or any use of any goods, digital products and information purchased from this Website.
11. Submission Standards and Online Purchases
Without limiting the preceding, you warrant and agree that anything you submit, post, publish, display, or transmit (collectively, "submit") to the Website, to other users, or to other persons (collectively, "your inputs") shall not:
- In any manner, violate any applicable laws.
- Include or contain any material that is exploitive, obscene, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, sexually explicit or pornographic, violent, inflammatory, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age or other such legally prohibited ground or be otherwise objectionable, such determination to be made in Company's sole discretion;
- Involve stalking, attempting to exploit or harm any individual (including minors) in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise or asking for personal information as prohibited under applicable laws, regulations, or code;
- Involve, provide, or contribute any false, inaccurate, or misleading information;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the preceding);
- Transmit, or procure the sending of any advertisements or promotions without our prior written consent, sales, or encourage any other commercial activities, including, without limitation, any "spam," "junk mail," "chain letter," contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising or any other similar solicitation.
- Encourage any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, or alarm any other person;
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act; and
- Give the impression that they originate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity if this is not the case.
You understand and agree that you, not the Company nor its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers or successors, are fully responsible for any of your input you submit or contribute. You are fully reliable and legally liable, including to any third party, for such content and its accuracy. We are not responsible or legally liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any of your input submitted by you or any other user of the Website.
- All booking transactions for the reservation of a rental or information made using this Website are subject to the following additional terms and conditions of sale:
- You may not complete a booking transaction from this Website if you: (i) are prohibited from accessing or using this Website or any of this Website's contents or information by applicable law or (ii) you are outside the geographic region where the rentals are available for booking ;
- You agree that your booking is an offer to stay at our vacation rental locations under this Agreement, information listed in your reservation confirmation. We must accept all bookings, or we will not be obligated to let you stay at the vacation rental location. We may choose not to accept bookings at our sole discretion, even after we send you a confirmation email with your reservation number and details of the vacation rental location ;
- All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on this Website are subject To change without notice. The cost and currency charged for reservations will be the price and currency advertised on this Website at the time the booking is placed, subject to the terms of any promotions or discounts that may be applicable. The price and currency charged will be clearly stated before you confirm your booking. Price increases will only apply to bookings placed after the time of the rise. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for cleaning and security deposit. All such taxes and charges will be added to your total cost and itemized in your order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information; however, we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any bookings arising from such occurrences;
- We must receive payment before we accept a booking. We take for all bookings. However, Company does not guarantee the availability of any payment method at any moment. They may add, remove or suspend any payment method temporarily or permanently at Company’s sole discretion. You represent, warrant and covenant that: (i) the credit card information you supply to us is accurate, correct, and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such a credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honoured by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including credit card processing fees and all applicable taxes if any. If you are paying by credit card, you authorize us to charge your credit card or bank account for all fees payable and further authorize us to use a third party to process payments, and consent to the disclosure of your payment information to such third party; and
- The Company will charge applicable fees to any valid payment method you have provided; you authorize such payment of such fees, and you Will be invoiced automatically as outlined in the booking.
- You will comply with all terms and conditions of the applicable license agreement for any booking or information you obtain through this Website, and you will not cause, induce, or permit others' non-compliance with the terms and conditions of any of the license agreements for the booking or information; and
- Except for the limited license granted under the relevant license agreement, nothing in this Agreement gives any right, title, or interest in or to (including any licence under) any intellectual property rights in or relating to the booking or information, whether expressly, by implication, estoppel, Or otherwise. All right, titles and interests in and to booking or information are and will remain with Company or its licensors, as applicable.
13. Governing Law
The Website and this Agreement will be governed by and construed under the laws of the Province of Ontario and any applicable federal laws applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision, principle, or rule and notwithstanding your domicile, residence, or physical location. Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Website and under this Agreement will be instituted in the courts of the Province of Ontario, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such action or proceeding. You waive any objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and the venue of such courts.
The parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not govern this Agreement or the rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement.
14. Other Matters
The headings in this Agreement are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company concerning your access and use of the Website, its content and any good, digital product or information purchased from the Website. It supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements between you and Company.
Failure of the Company to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver nor of the right to enforce such provision.
Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- We may provide any notice to you under this Agreement by (i) sending a message to the email address you provide and consent to us using; or (ii) by posting to the Website. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email, and information we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
- To give us notice under this Agreement, you must contact us as follows: (i) by personal delivery, overnight courier or registered or certified mail to HOMEY PROPERTIES. We may update the address for notices to us by posting information on this Website. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately once personally received by an authorized representative of the Company. Notices provided by overnight courier or registered or certified mail will be effective once received and where confirmation has been provided to evidence the receipt Of the notice.
- HOMEY PROPERTIES operates this website,
- Should you become aware of misuse of the website, including libellous or defamatory conduct, you must report it to the Company. All reports of misuse and other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 01/01/2023